Maintaining excellent dental health is important for overall health, and dentures play an important role in restoring both aesthetics and usefulness to people who have lost teeth. Dentures are removable prosthetic devices that are used to replace missing teeth and tissues.
Understanding the influence of dentures on your dental health is essential whether you have considered them or currently have them. Visit a denture clinic near you to learn more about the process.
What are Dentures?
Dentures are removable dental appliances used to repair missing teeth and adjacent tissues. They are designed to fit into a particular individual’s mouth and can be complete or partial, depending on the number of missing teeth. Both are customized to fit each person’s mouth, guaranteeing a pleasant and secure fit.
Dentures and Your Oral Health
Dentures are a successful treatment for those who have missing teeth, allowing them to eat, speak, and smile confidently again. Dentures assist restore appropriate biting and chewing capabilities by replacing missing teeth, allowing you to enjoy a balanced diet and live a healthy lifestyle.
Maintaining Bone Structure
When teeth are gone, the underlying bone in the jaw gradually deteriorates. Dentures assist to preserve the jawbone’s integrity by providing support and preventing future bone loss. Dentures assist protect the strength of the jawbone and prevent face drooping caused by tooth loss by stimulating it with continuous use.
Missing teeth can have a substantial influence on speech, causing problems with pronunciation and articulation. Dentures cover the gaps left by missing teeth, allowing for better communication and clearer speaking. You can regain your confidence in social contacts and experience more natural and comfortable communication with dentures.
Dentures, in addition to their beneficial effects, help to improve your smile and face attractiveness. Missing teeth can cause facial muscles to droop, giving you an older look. Dentures restore your face’s natural contour, giving you a youthful and vibrant appearance. They may also be adjusted to match the color, size, and shape of your natural teeth, resulting in a seamless merge with your current dentition.
Oral Hygiene Practices
Even if you wear dentures, good dental hygiene is essential. Cleaning and caring for your dentures is essential for avoiding oral health problems including bad breath, gum disease, and infections. It is essential to periodically remove and clean your dentures with a denture brush and specific cleaning tools. Maintaining a proper oral hygiene practice for your remaining natural teeth and gums is also essential for preventing any underlying oral health issues.
Regular Dental Check-ups
Even when wearing dentures, it is important to have regular dental check-ups. Your dentist will examine your dental health, examine your dentures, and make any required repairs or replacements. These visits also provide a chance to discuss any issues or discomfort you may be feeling, as well as get advice on correct denture care and maintenance.
Caring for Dentures
Denture care and maintenance are essential for their longevity and dental health. Here are some essential tips:
- Clean your dentures daily: After eating, remove and rinse dentures to eliminate food particles. Gently brush dentures with a soft-bristled toothbrush or denture brush. Regular toothpaste can be abrasive and cause denture material deterioration.
- Clean your mouth: Even if you have dentures, you should clean your mouth, gums, tongue, and palate. Brush these regions with a gentle toothbrush or a specific denture cleaning to improve circulation.
- Handle with care: Handle dentures over a soft cloth or a basin filled with water. This keeps them from breaking if they are dropped accidentally. Hot water should be avoided since it might deform the shape of the dentures.
- Store dentures properly: When not in use, keep dentures moist. They should be kept in a denture-cleaning solution or plain water. Hot water should be avoided since it might induce deformation.
- Regular dental check-ups: Schedule frequent dental check-ups to ensure that your dentures fit and work properly. Your dentist will inspect your dental health, and denture condition, and make any required modifications.
Schedule a Visit Today!
Are you in need of dentures to restore your beautiful smile? Look no further than North East Denture Clinic. Our experienced team of dental professionals is ready to provide you with personalized care and expert guidance throughout the process.
Don’t wait any longer to improve your oral health and quality of life. Call us now to schedule an appointment at our denture clinic in Calgary and take the first step towards a happier, healthier smile.